Grey water at Cardita Apartments
The Aquacell Water Recycling System at the Cardita Apartments treats the resident's greywater.
- The greywater is obtained from the apartments located within the building, recycling water that would otherwise be discharged to the sewer.
- The Aquacell water recycling system installed at Cardita Apartments treats the greywater to a high standard that makes it safe for irrigation of landscaped areas, toilet flushing, washing machine applications and use in the apartment's car washing facilities.
- Treated grey water is NOT suitable for drinking
Where is greywater treated at Cardita Apartments?
Cardita Apartments consists of 64 residential apartments in 3 buildings. The recycled water is being collected from the apartment's showers, hand basins and washing machines. Greywater is diverted from the apartments and is collected in a storage tank located beneath the buildings car park. The greywater is then pumped from the storage tank to the Aquacell G10 unit, located on the car park level in the plant room.
How will the recycled water be used at Cardita Apartments?
The high quality treated water is re-used for toilet flushing and irrigation of landscaped areas around the apartment building and is used in the apartment's car washing facilities located at the car park level. It is also made available at a laundry tap in each apartment so residents have the option of using recycled or potable water for clothes washing.
What precautions are in place to protect my health?
The Cardita Apartments site has a dual pipe system, which means the recycled water is transported around the site in a separate (purple coloured) pipe system to the drinking water ("mains water"). This is designed as a preventative measure so that the recycled water is not confused with mains drinking water and used unsuitably. Signs are placed around the apartment building to educate the public of its use.
What can I do to contribute?
You can help by following the guidelines below, which will keep the water recycling system running at its optimum.
- Take notice of the signs placed around and follow instructions in the apartment building to educate where recycled water is in use.
- Don't drink the recycled water, it is non-potable.
- Do not allow any of the following materials down the drains;
- Pet care products
- Silicon or silicon based products
- Paint or Paint Thinners
- High-Foaming Degreasers
- Draino or Caustic Soda
- Faecal matter
Important Contact Information
Emergencies - Life Threatening Dial: 000
- Fire Brigade
Incidents and Emergencies
For urgent repairs, incidents and emergencies, Pacific Building Management must be contacted immediately.
Pacific Building Management
Phone: 1300 761 610
Fax: 02 8746 0390
- Burst water service
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Water service breakdown
- Any fault or damage that creates a hazardous condition
- Production of out-of-spec water
In the event of an electrical hazard, an Emergency Stop button is mounted near the control cabinet panel located in the Aquacell plant room.
Treatment Plant Operator
Aquacell Pty Ltd
1/26 Megalong Street
Katoomba, NSW 2780
Phone: 02 4782 3300 or 1300 AQUACELL
Fax: 02 4782 3211
Recycled Water Reticulation Scheme Operator
Stockland Corporation Limited
Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9035 2000
Fax: 02 8988 2000