Joalah Holiday Park
Total Wastewater at Joalah Holiday Park
The Aquacell Water Recycling System at Joalah Holiday Park treats total wastewater.
- The wastewater at Joalah is obtained from the whole holiday park. This includes showers, kitchens, toilets and hand basins.
- There is no real sewage system at Joalah so the whole park relies on the Aquacell wastewater recycling system.
- The Aquacell water recycling system installed at Joalah treats the wastewater to a standard that makes it safe for:
- Toilets flushing
- Washing down paths, bins and boats
- Treated wastewater is NOT suitable for drinking
Where is wastewater treated at Joalah?
All the wastewater is collected into a septic tank underground, then overflows into a primary tank (also underground). The plant itself is located on the right side of the holiday park. Wastewater is fed into the Aquacell Wastewater Recycling Plant, the Aquacell SR20 having a capacity of 20,000L/day, from the primary tank. The treated water is stored in an half underground and half aboveground storage tank for usage.
How will the recycled water be used at Joalah?
The recycled water is firstly used for toilet flushing in the amenity block, rental cabins, some caravans and the owner's residence. Any excess treated water is used for watering the lawns at Joalah Holiday Park. There are no taps or public access to the recycled water.
What precautions are in place to protect my health?
The Joalah Holiday Park has a dual pipe system, which means the recycled water is transported around the site and throughout the buildings in a separate (purple coloured) pipe system to the drinking water ("mains water"). As there are no purple recycled water hoses or taps accessible to residents at the Joalah Holiday Park, it is very unlikely you will ever come into contact with recycled water.
Plumbing connections are checked regularly to ensure there is no chance of cross connection.
Ongoing monthly operational water quality monitoring ensures the treated water meets the recycled water guidelines.
What can I do to contribute?
You can help by following the guidelines below, which will keep the water recycling system running at its optimum.
- Contact Joalah Holiday Park on 02 4478 6012 if you experience any problems with your water supply
- Seek information from Joalah Holiday Park if you do not quite understand the recycled water program.
- Don't drink the recycled water, it is non-potable.
- Don't attempt to alter or repair any of the plumbing. Contact Joalah Holiday Park if you have any problems.
- Do not allow any of the following materials down the drains;
- Pet care products
- Silicon or silicon based products
- Paint or Paint Thinners
- High-Foaming Degreasers
- Draino or Caustic Soda
Important Contact Information
Emergencies - Life Threatening Dial: 000
- Fire Brigade
Incidents and Emergencies
For urgent repairs, incidents and emergencies, Joalah Holiday Park must be contacted immediately.
Joalah Holiday Park: 02 4478 6012
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Water service breakdown
- Any fault or damage that creates a hazardous condition
- Production of out-of-spec water
In the event of an electrical hazard, E-Stop buttons are mounted inside the process control panel.
Treatment Plant Operator
Aquacell Pty Ltd
Level 1, 479 Warrigal Road,
Moorabbin VIC 3189
Telephone: 03 9532 5709 or 1300 AQUACELL
Fax: 03 9532 2512
Recycled Water Reticulation Scheme Operator
Joalah Holiday Park
PO Box 433
Bateman's Bay NSW 2536
Phone: 02 4478 6012
Fax: 02 4478 6012